Level 2 speaking task
This is an example of the exam set you may encounter during oral part of your level 2 English exam. It consists of examinee’s sheet with a task and a corresponding examiner’s sheet which contains some data you will be required to ask about.
The examiner is your foreign friend
– where in England – how long?
You speak first, “I’ve heard you’ve been on a language course in England.”
You are the candidate’s foreign friend who
Say – course in Brighton – three weeks
The candidate speaks first by saying: “I’ve heard you’ve been on a language course in England.”
You can expect some of these additional questions to appear during the conversation:
1. Why are you learning English?
2. Tell me about the best training course you have ever taken part in?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of learning a foreign language abroad?
4. Do you think knowledge of English is important nowadays? Why?